Friday, April 30, 2010

EllaBella's Birthday

Our sweet baby girl turned two yesterday. Earlier in the week I went shopping for some goodies for her. When I returned with the bags, Tyler asked me if we really needed to celebrate like that because she's two and she won't remember. Silly, Tyler. I gave birth and I remember! (I won that one, throwing in the "25 hours of labor" card.) But he was, of course, kidding. And we had a day full of celebrating our amazing daughter.



I felt sort of bad that none of her Colorado friends were close to celebrate. But we made some friends in the park! It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day. She and I spend hours in the park, and since she was the only one there with sand toys that day, she was a very popular kid! (The parks are generally sandy, so buckets, shovels, rakes, sifters...are popular items for parque-ing it.)







Then we bought a balloon--one of her most favorite things. But I don't have a picture...

Then we opened presents! New shoes, colored pencils, and a froggy backpack were among the favorites.



Then we went out for ice cream. Poor little deprived child hardly ever gets any amount of sugar, but we broke down and gave her an ice cream cone--with candles and Feliz CumpleaƱos A Ti!





Here she is with her cute little backpack. She put her colored pencils in there. Doesn't she look so grown up?





We wish all of you were with us on this special day. Happy Birthday to one incredible girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment