Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Morning Walk

Every mother surely knows who coveted time to ones' self is. In attempt to reclaim some Me Time, I started getting up in the morning before Ella and Tyler awoke. I quietly slip out the door around 9am on most days and either go for a walk or to my yoga class. It's a good chance to get outside, pray, listen to music or a podcast, or listen to a book on my ipod (I'm currently really enjoying The Help by Katheryn Stockett).

I have a lovely little walking route that takes me about an hour. I took my camera once last week so you could join me. Got your shoes on?

I walk out our door and turn down Ugarteche.


I turn down Av. Del Libertador. It has a great biking/jogging trail.


And on the other side of this very busy street is some gorgeous green space.


I walk around a botanical garden and lake.


Past the kissing statue.


I walk with other walkers, joggers, rollerbladers, bikers, people working out with their personal trainers...


On the way back, I pass by a huge monument in the middle of a very busy intersection.


And then I come to my favorite piece of scenery in the walk, this tree. I love the way the sun lights it from behind.


It's a type of jacaranda tree.


These are it's blooms.


Isn't it gorgeous?

After greeting the beautiful tree, I head back across Libertador, down Ugarteche, and then I turn onto our street, Cabello. And then I'm home. Ella is often up to greet me by the time I get back. And my day is off and running.

Thanks for joining me! Caio.

2 comments: