Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Palermo Soho: Tango and Floods

Tyler and I took a class from a lovely couple last night in a charming dance room. Lam, the follow, was trilingual--Spanish, English, Japanese. Mucho impresivo. She was lovely to watch too. Here's a few of the moves we worked on:



For those of you who don't follow me on facebook, here are my new magic tango shoes. It was love at first try.

During our lesson last night, it started raining. The rain and gentle thunder in the background made the class feel cozy and romantic. And then we went to leave... (enter scary movie music, da, dah, dahhhhhh). Flash flood in Palermo Soho (the part of the city we were in). We tried to wait it out, but had to get home to Pea and the babysitter. So Tyler and I braved water up to our knees in the streets, trying to get to our bus. It was crazy. Random items floated by us. Cars were stranded. And only a few brave souls were braving the river like us. We laughed hard and got completely drenched. From the looks of everyone else on the bus, we weren't the only ones.

Tyler and I are really enjoying getting out regularly to do something without Ella. And Ella is really enjoying having another person to hang out with other than her parents. She adores Jill (Jull, as Ella calls her). It's fun for us to date and dance again!

2 comments:

  1. That clip contains the sexy pairs of dancing feet I think I've ever seen. I love her foot work. I miss dancing.

    ReplyDelete