Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fimmy, and Finging, and perros...Oh My!

Ella is having a great time. She makes friends with everyone she sees. She got to go swimming (fimmy) yesterday. She got to do some finging (swinging) in the park. And she's now saying her first Spanish word: perro. Dog. This is funny because we think her first English words were 'woof woof' and then 'dog'. (Maybe 'momma' and 'dadda' in there somewhere.) She saw lots of dogs running through the park this evening and would point excitedly yelling, "Pow, pow" or "perro, perro". So. Cute.

We decided when we first got here, aside from finding a home, that we'd treat the first couple weeks like vacation--lots of restaurants, taxis, general touristy stuff. We found good Mediterranean food tonight and yummy gelato. The only way I haven't gained any weight yet (at least, I hope) is because we walk *all* day long. I think also for this reason, we are sleeping very well at nights. Even Pea!

We are very pleased with the location of our flat. It's close to everything! Tyler and I are wading through Rosettastone. And enjoying the malbecs. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I think a first 2 week splurge to ease into the new life is a very smart move. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Rosetta Stone so I can learn Dutch at long last - one day Alec Erik and I will hop over and I hope to sound as native as my husband!

    ReplyDelete